Curry Chicken Salad recipe with Apples and Raisins is a delicious and flavorful salad that combines tender chunks of chicken with the sweetness of apples and the chewiness of raisins, all tossed in a creamy and aromatic curry dressing. It’s a refreshing and satisfying dish that can be served as a light meal or as a filling for sandwiches and wraps. Here’s a simple recipe for making Curry Chicken Salad with Apples and Raisins:
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced or shredded (you can use rotisserie chicken for convenience)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (adjust to taste, depending on your preference for spiciness)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup diced apple (use your favorite variety)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped celery (optional, for added crunch)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (optional, for added flavor)
- Lettuce leaves or salad greens (for serving)
In a large mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, curry powder, lemon juice, honey, salt, and black pepper. Whisk the dressing until it’s well combined and smooth.
Add the diced or shredded cooked chicken to the bowl with the curry dressing. Toss the chicken to coat it thoroughly with the dressing.
Gently fold in the diced apple, raisins, chopped celery, and chopped green onions (if using) into the chicken mixture. These ingredients will add sweetness, chewiness, and crunch to the salad.
Cover the bowl and refrigerate the Curry Chicken Salad for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld and the salad to chill.
When ready to serve, line a plate or bowl with lettuce leaves or salad greens. Spoon the chilled Curry Chicken Salad over the greens.
Garnish with extra raisins, chopped green onions, or a sprinkle of curry powder, if desired.
Enjoy the Curry Chicken Salad with Apples and Raisins on its own, or use it as a filling for sandwiches or wraps.
This Curry Chicken Salad is perfect for picnics, lunches, or light dinners. The combination of sweet and savory flavors with the aromatic curry dressing makes it a delightful and refreshing dish that’s sure to please your taste buds!
Curry Chicken Salad With Apples And Raisins calories count
To calculate the calorie count for Curry Chicken Salad with Apples and Raisins, we’ll need to consider the calories from each ingredient used in the recipe. Please note that these are approximate values and may vary based on the specific brands and measurements used.
Here’s the estimated calorie count for each component of Curry Chicken Salad with Apples and Raisins:
- Cooked chicken (2 cups, diced or shredded): approximately 400-500 calories, depending on the type of chicken used.
- Mayonnaise (1/2 cup): around 400-500 calories, depending on the brand and type used.
- Curry powder (1 tablespoon): approximately 20-30 calories.
- Lemon juice (1 tablespoon): approximately 3-5 calories.
- Honey (1 tablespoon): approximately 60-70 calories.
- Salt (1/2 teaspoon): negligible calories.
- Black pepper (1/4 teaspoon): negligible calories.
- Diced apple (1/2 cup): around 30-50 calories, depending on the variety.
- Raisins (1/4 cup): approximately 100-120 calories.
- Chopped celery (1/4 cup, optional): around 5-10 calories.
- Chopped green onions (1/4 cup, optional): around 10-15 calories.
- Lettuce leaves or salad greens (for serving): negligible calories.
Total estimated calorie count for Curry Chicken Salad with Apples and Raisins (per serving, assuming 4 servings): approximately 1028-1318 calories.
Please remember that these are rough estimates, and the actual calorie count may vary based on the specific products and measurements you use. If you’re concerned about calorie intake, you can adjust the portion sizes or use lighter alternatives for some ingredients to reduce the overall calorie count. Enjoy your Curry Chicken Salad with Apples and Raisins in moderation as part of a balanced meal.