Restless Chipotle Crockpot Angel Chicken Recipe is a comforting and flavorful dish made with tender chicken, creamy sauce, and Italian flavors. It’s a popular slow cooker recipe that’s easy to make and always a hit with family and friends. Here’s a simple and delicious recipe for The Best Crockpot Angel Chicken:
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (10.75 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 packet (1 oz) dry Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/2 cup white wine (you can use chicken broth as a non-alcoholic substitute)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional, for garnish)
- Cooked pasta or rice (for serving)
In a mixing bowl, combine the cream of mushroom soup, softened cream cheese, chicken broth, dry Italian salad dressing mix, and white wine. Whisk until the mixture is well combined and smooth.
Place the chicken breasts in the crockpot and pour the creamy sauce mixture over the chicken.
Cut the butter into small pieces and scatter them over the sauce.
Cover the crockpot with the lid and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or on high heat for 3-4 hours, or until the chicken is tender and cooked through.
Once the cooking time is complete, carefully remove the chicken from the crockpot and set it aside.
Whisk the sauce in the crockpot to ensure it’s well combined and smooth.
If you prefer a thicker sauce, you can optionally mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of cold water and add it to the sauce. Cook the sauce on high heat for a few minutes until it thickens.
Serve the Crockpot Angel Chicken over cooked pasta or rice. Spoon the creamy sauce over the chicken and garnish with chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
Enjoy this delicious and comforting Crockpot Angel Chicken with your favorite side dishes. The creamy and flavorful sauce, combined with tender chicken, makes it a delightful meal that’s perfect for busy days or a cozy dinner at home.
The Best Crockpot Angel Chicken calories count
To calculate the calorie count for The Best Crockpot Angel Chicken, we’ll need to consider the calories from each ingredient used in the recipe. Please note that these are approximate values and may vary based on the specific brands and measurements used.
Here’s the estimated calorie count for each component of The Best Crockpot Angel Chicken recipe:
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (approximately 4 oz each): around 120-150 calories per chicken breast (480-900 calories total, depending on the number of chicken breasts used).
- Condensed cream of mushroom soup (1 can, 10.75 oz): around 230-250 calories.
- Cream cheese (8 oz package): approximately 800-900 calories.
- Chicken broth (1 cup): around 10-20 calories, depending on whether it’s homemade or store-bought.
- Dry Italian salad dressing mix (1 packet, 1 oz): approximately 30-40 calories.
- White wine (1/2 cup): around 120-150 calories (you can use chicken broth as a non-alcoholic substitute).
- Butter (2 tablespoons): around 200-240 calories.
- Chopped fresh parsley (1/2 cup, optional): negligible calories.
- Cooked pasta or rice (amount will vary based on serving size): approximately 200-250 calories per cup.
Total estimated calorie count for The Best Crockpot Angel Chicken (per serving, assuming 6 servings): approximately 2090-2770 calories.
Please remember that these are rough estimates, and the actual calorie count may vary based on the specific products and measurements you use. If you’re concerned about calorie intake, you can adjust the portion sizes or use lighter alternatives for some ingredients to reduce the overall calorie count. Enjoy your delicious Crockpot Angel Chicken in moderation as part of a balanced meal.