Easy Cheesy Salsa Chicken is a simple and delicious dish that combines tender chicken breasts with flavorful salsa and melted cheese. It’s a quick and easy recipe that is perfect for busy weeknights when you want a tasty meal without a lot of effort. Here’s a straightforward recipe to make Easy Cheesy Salsa Chicken:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup salsa (use your favorite store-bought salsa or make your own)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, Monterey Jack, or a blend of cheeses)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional, for added spice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro or chopped green onions for garnish (optional)
Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and chili powder (if using) on both sides.
In a baking dish, spread half of the salsa on the bottom.
Place the seasoned chicken breasts on top of the salsa in the baking dish.
Pour the remaining salsa over the chicken breasts, making sure they are well coated.
Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through (internal temperature reaches 165°F or 74°C).
Remove the foil from the baking dish and sprinkle the shredded cheese over the chicken breasts.
Return the baking dish to the oven, uncovered, and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Once the cheese is melted, remove the baking dish from the oven.
Garnish the Easy Cheesy Salsa Chicken with fresh cilantro or chopped green onions, if desired, for added freshness and color.
Serve the Easy Cheesy Salsa Chicken with your favorite side dishes like rice, quinoa, or a green salad. This dish is also great served with tortilla chips or warmed tortillas for a Tex-Mex twist. Enjoy the flavorful combination of salsa and melted cheese that enhances the taste of tender chicken in this simple and satisfying meal.
Easy Cheesy Salsa Chicken calories count
The calorie count for Easy Cheesy Salsa Chicken will depend on the specific ingredients and quantities used in the recipe. To provide you with an estimated calorie count, I’ll use a general guideline based on common ingredients and approximate quantities. Please note that these numbers are rough estimates and may vary based on the specific brands and measurements you use in your recipe.
Here’s a breakdown of the approximate calorie count for the main ingredients in Easy Cheesy Salsa Chicken:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 pieces): Approximately 400-500 calories
- Salsa (1 cup): Approximately 50-100 calories (the calorie count can vary based on the type and brand of salsa used)
- Shredded cheese (1 cup): Approximately 400-500 calories (the calorie count can vary based on the type of cheese used)
- Chili powder (1 teaspoon): Minimal calories (negligible)
- Salt and pepper: Minimal calories (negligible)
- Fresh cilantro or chopped green onions (for garnish): Minimal calories (negligible)
Total estimated calorie count for the entire Easy Cheesy Salsa Chicken recipe:
Approximately 400-500 (chicken) + 50-100 (salsa) + 400-500 (shredded cheese) + minimal calories for chili powder, salt, and pepper + minimal calories for garnish = Approximately 850 to 1100 calories
The total calorie count will fall within the range of approximately 850 to 1100 calories for the entire Easy Cheesy Salsa Chicken recipe. If you divide the chicken into servings, the calorie count per serving will depend on the number of servings you get from the recipe. For example, if the recipe serves 4, the estimated calorie count per serving would be approximately 213 to 275 calories (based on the total estimated calorie count range).