Chicken nuggets are a popular fast food item made from small pieces of chicken that have been breaded and fried. They are often served as a snack or as part of a larger meal and can be found in many restaurants and fast food chains around the world.
While chicken nuggets are certainly tasty, they are not the healthiest food choice due to their high fat and calorie content. Many varieties of chicken nuggets are also heavily processed and contain additives and preservatives, so it’s important to read labels and choose a brand that uses high-quality ingredients.
If you enjoy chicken nuggets but want a healthier option, you can try making them at home using lean chicken breast and whole-grain breading. You can also try baking them instead of frying them to reduce the amount of added fat.
TikTok Chicken Nuggets Recipe
Here’s a recipe for homemade chicken nuggets that you can try at home:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- Cooking oil spray
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut the chicken breast into small, bite-sized pieces.
- In a shallow dish, mix together the flour, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
- In another shallow dish, whisk together the eggs and milk.
- In a third shallow dish, place the breadcrumbs.
- Coat each piece of chicken in the flour mixture, then dip it in the egg mixture, and finally coat it in the breadcrumbs.
- Place the chicken nuggets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and lightly spray them with cooking oil.
- Bake the chicken nuggets for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve the chicken nuggets hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
Enjoy your homemade chicken nuggets!
Calories count in TikTok Chicken Nuggets Recipe
The number of calories in chicken nuggets can vary depending on the size and ingredients used in the recipe. Here is an approximate calorie count for homemade chicken nuggets using the recipe provided:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast: approximately 500 calories
- 1 cup all-purpose flour: approximately 400 calories
- 2 eggs: approximately 140 calories
- 2 cups breadcrumbs: approximately 480 calories
- 2 tablespoons milk: approximately 10 calories
Total calories: approximately 1530 calories
This recipe yields about 4-6 servings, so each serving would contain around 255-385 calories. However, keep in mind that this is just an estimate, and the calorie count may vary depending on the specific ingredients used and the size of the chicken nuggets. It’s always a good idea to check the nutrition information of each ingredient you use and to be mindful of portion sizes to help manage your calorie intake.