Pot Salsa Chicken is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that can be made in a slow cooker or Instant Pot. Here’s a simple recipe:
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese, chopped fresh cilantro, diced avocado, sour cream
- Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker or Instant Pot.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the salsa, chicken broth, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the salsa mixture over the chicken, making sure to coat each piece evenly.
- For a slow cooker, cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. For an Instant Pot, set to manual or pressure cook on high for 10-12 minutes (depending on the thickness of the chicken) and allow for natural pressure release for 10 minutes before releasing any remaining pressure.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, use two forks to shred the chicken in the pot.
- Serve the shredded chicken in bowls, topped with any desired toppings such as shredded cheese, chopped fresh cilantro, diced avocado, and sour cream.
Enjoy your delicious and easy-to-make Pot Salsa Chicken!
Calories Count in Pot Salsa Chicken
The calorie count of Pot Salsa Chicken will depend on the specific ingredients and serving size used. Here is an approximate calorie count for a serving size of 4 ounces of chicken breast with the salsa sauce:
- Chicken breast (4 oz): 130-150 calories
- Salsa (1/4 cup): 20-30 calories
- Chicken broth (1/8 cup): 5-10 calories
- Cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper: negligible calories
- Optional toppings: calorie count will depend on the specific toppings used and the amount added
Based on these estimates, a serving of Pot Salsa Chicken with the basic ingredients listed above would contain approximately 155-190 calories per 4-ounce serving, without any toppings. It’s important to keep in mind that the calorie count can vary depending on the specific ingredients used, so it’s a good idea to calculate the calorie count for your specific recipe and serving size.
Here are some chef tips to help you make the best Pot Salsa Chicken:
- Use fresh ingredients: Fresh ingredients such as fresh salsa, herbs, and spices will enhance the flavor of your Pot Salsa Chicken.
- Don’t overcook the chicken: Overcooked chicken can become dry and tough. Make sure to cook the chicken until it’s just cooked through and tender.
- Adjust the spices to your taste: The spice level of the Pot Salsa Chicken can be adjusted by adding more or less chili powder, cumin, or garlic powder. Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning to your preference.
- Use boneless, skinless chicken breasts: Boneless, skinless chicken breasts work best for this recipe as they cook evenly and quickly.
- Add vegetables for extra flavor: You can add vegetables such as bell peppers, onions, or corn to the pot to add extra flavor and nutrition.
- Top with fresh herbs and sour cream: Top your Pot Salsa Chicken with fresh herbs like cilantro, and a dollop of sour cream to add extra flavor and creaminess.
- Serve with rice or tortillas: Pot Salsa Chicken can be served with rice or tortillas for a complete meal. It’s also delicious with a side of black beans or a fresh green salad.
By following these chef tips, you can make a delicious and flavorful Pot Salsa Chicken that will be enjoyed by all!