A low-carb diet is a type of diet that limits the intake of carbohydrates, including sugary foods, bread, pasta, and starchy vegetables while increasing the intake of protein, healthy fats, and non-starchy vegetables. Here are some most viral tiktok low-carb recipes and key principles of a low-carb diet :
- Eat plenty of protein: Choose protein sources like meat, poultry, fish, eggs, and low-carb dairy products to help you feel full and maintain muscle mass.
- Increase your intake of healthy fats: Include sources of healthy fats in your diet, such as olive oil, avocado, nuts, and seeds.
- Avoid sugary and starchy foods: Cut back on sugary foods, such as candy and soda, and avoid starchy foods, such as bread, pasta, rice, and potatoes.
- Choose non-starchy vegetables: Eat plenty of non-starchy vegetables, such as leafy greens, broccoli, cauliflower, and peppers, to add fiber, vitamins, and minerals to your diet.
- Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of water, unsweetened tea, and other low-carb beverages to help you stay hydrated.
A low-carb diet is effective for weight loss and improving blood sugar control in people with diabetes. However, it’s important to talk to your healthcare provider before starting any new diet to make sure it’s safe and appropriate for you.
1. Keto Zucchini Fritters:
These fritters are a delicious way to enjoy zucchini while keeping carbs low. You’ll need grated zucchini, almond flour, eggs, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix everything and form into patties, then fry in a skillet until golden brown.
- 2 medium zucchinis, grated
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place the grated zucchini in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Let it sit for 10 minutes to release excess water.
- Squeeze out the water from the zucchini using a clean kitchen towel or paper towel.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt.
- Add the eggs and whisk until well combined.
- Add the grated zucchini to the bowl and mix until well combined.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Using a spoon or cookie scoop, drop spoonfuls of the zucchini mixture into the hot skillet.
- Flatten the fritters with the back of a spatula and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce or toppings.
Enjoy your Keto Zucchini Fritters!
2. Cauliflower Rice Stir Fry:
Swap out regular rice for cauliflower rice to make this stir fry low carb. You’ll need cauliflower rice, shrimp or chicken, veggies of your choice, and a sauce made from soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and sesame oil.
Cauliflower rice stir fry is a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional rice stir fry. Here’s a simple recipe to get you started:
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons oil (olive oil, sesame oil, or any other oil of your choice)
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: green onions, sesame seeds, and cilantro for garnish
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets and pulse them in a food processor until it resembles rice. Alternatively, you can grate the cauliflower using a box grater or chop it into small pieces using a knife.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and stir fry for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the bell pepper, carrots, broccoli, and mushrooms to the skillet and stir fry for 4-5 minutes until they are cooked but still crisp.
- Add the cauliflower rice to the skillet and stir fry for 2-3 minutes until it is tender.
- Add the soy sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the cauliflower rice stir fry hot, garnished with green onions, sesame seeds, and cilantro if desired.
Enjoy your healthy and delicious cauliflower rice stir fry!
3. Low-Carb Chicken Enchiladas:
Use low-carb tortillas (or make your own using almond flour) and fill with shredded chicken, cheese, and a homemade enchilada sauce made from tomato sauce, spices, and chicken broth.
Here’s a delicious recipe for low-carb chicken enchiladas that will satisfy your Mexican food cravings without all the carbs!
- 1 lb. cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce
- 6 low-carb tortillas (you can use almond flour or coconut flour tortillas)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings: diced tomatoes, chopped cilantro, sliced avocado, sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, red bell pepper, and garlic, and sauté until they are tender about 5 minutes.
- Add the shredded chicken, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Stir until well combined and heated through.
- Spread a spoonful of enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- To assemble the enchiladas, place a spoonful of the chicken mixture onto each tortilla. Roll the tortilla up tightly and place seam-side down in the baking dish.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the top of the tortillas, making sure to cover them evenly.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese on top of the enchiladas.
- Bake the enchiladas for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve the enchiladas hot, topped with diced tomatoes, chopped cilantro, sliced avocado, and sour cream if desired.
Enjoy your low-carb chicken enchiladas!
4. Avocado Egg Salad:
For a quick and easy low-carb lunch, mash avocado with hard-boiled eggs, diced celery, and spices. Serve on top of lettuce or use it as a dip for veggies.
Avocado egg salad is a delicious and healthy twist on traditional egg salad. Here’s a simple recipe to get you started:
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and mashed
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley, cilantro, or chives), diced red onion, or chopped celery for added flavor and crunch.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chopped eggs, mashed avocado, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and lemon juice. Mix until well combined.
- Season the avocado egg salad with salt and pepper to taste.
- If desired, add any optional ingredients, such as chopped fresh herbs, diced red onion, or chopped celery, and mix until well combined.
- Serve the avocado egg salad chilled, either as a sandwich filling or on top of a bed of greens.
Enjoy your healthy and delicious avocado egg salad!