40 Aprons Marry Me Chicken is a popular dish known for its creamy and flavorful sauce. The dish typically consists of boneless, skinless chicken breasts that are seasoned and seared in a skillet until golden brown, and then baked in a rich and creamy sauce made with chicken broth, heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, and herbs. The sauce is often described as being so delicious that it could make someone propose marriage to the cook.
The origin of the name “Marry Me Chicken” is not clear, but some speculate that it may have been given the name because the dish is so delicious that it could inspire a marriage proposal. However, others believe it may have been named by someone who proposed to their partner after eating the dish. Regardless of its origins, Marry Me Chicken has become a popular recipe that many people enjoy.
Certainly! Here’s a recipe for Marry Me Chicken:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Coat each chicken breast in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken breasts and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Transfer the chicken breasts to a baking dish.
- Add the chicken broth to the skillet and bring to a simmer, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the heavy cream and Parmesan cheese, stirring until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken into the baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with chopped parsley before serving.
Enjoy your Marry Me Chicken!
Hibachi Chicken Recipe
Keto Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe and Nutritional Values
Chicken lettuce wraps Ingredients and Nutritional values
Chicken fried rice make at home
Chicken tortilla soup Ingredients and Calories count
Calories Count in Marry Me Chicken
The number of calories in Marry Me Chicken will depend on the specific ingredients used and the serving size. However, here is an approximate calorie count for one serving of the recipe:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 4 ounces each): 560 calories
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour: 228 calories
- 1 teaspoon salt: 0 calories
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper: 3 calories
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder: 4 calories
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter: 408 calories
- 1 tablespoon olive oil: 120 calories
- 1 cup chicken broth: 15 calories
- 1/2 cup heavy cream: 400 calories
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese: 216 calories
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley: 4 calories
Total calorie count for the entire recipe: 1958 calories. Divide that by the number of servings to get the approximate calorie count per serving.
Types of equipment Need
Here is the equipment needed to make Marry Me Chicken:
- A shallow dish to coat the chicken breasts in the flour mixture.
- A large skillet to cook the chicken breasts in.
- A baking dish to bake the chicken and sauce in.
- A whisk to mix the flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder together.
- A spatula to flip the chicken breasts in the skillet.
- An oven to bake the chicken in.
- A chopping board and knife to chop the fresh parsley.
- Measuring cups and spoons to measure the ingredients accurately.
- A cheese grater to grate the Parmesan cheese.
Is this Keto Friendly
The Marry Me Chicken recipe is not considered keto-friendly because it contains flour and heavy cream, which are not keto-friendly ingredients. Flour is high in carbohydrates, while heavy cream is high in fat and protein, but also contains some carbohydrates.
To make a keto-friendly version of 40 Aprons Marry Me Chicken, you could use a low-carb flour substitute like almond flour or coconut flour, and replace the heavy cream with a keto-friendly alternative like coconut cream or unsweetened almond milk. However, this would alter the taste and texture of the dish, so it may not be exactly the same as the original recipe.Categories