instant pot chicken thighs boneless skinless recipes: Instant Pot Chicken Thighs are a quick and convenient way to prepare flavorful and tender chicken thighs. The Instant Pot pressure cooker allows you to cook the chicken thighs in a relatively short amount of time while infusing them with delicious seasonings. Here’s a basic recipe for Instant Pot Chicken Thighs:
- 4-6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- Season the chicken thighs: Pat the chicken thighs dry with paper towels. In a small bowl, mix together garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, dried thyme, dried rosemary, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Rub the seasoning mixture all over the chicken thighs, ensuring they are well coated.
- Preheat the Instant Pot: Turn on the Instant Pot and select the “Sauté” mode. Add the olive oil to the pot and let it heat up.
- Sear the chicken thighs: Once the oil is hot, add the seasoned chicken thighs to the Instant Pot, skin-side down. Sear the chicken thighs for about 3-4 minutes per side until they develop a golden-brown crust. This step is optional but adds extra flavor to the chicken.
- Add liquid and pressure cook: Pour the chicken broth or water into the Instant Pot, making sure to deglaze the bottom of the pot to loosen any browned bits. Cancel the “Sauté” mode and secure the Instant Pot lid, making sure the valve is set to “Sealing.” Select the “Pressure Cook” or “Manual” mode and set the cooking time to 10 minutes.
- Natural release and serve: Once the cooking time is complete, allow the Instant Pot to naturally release the pressure for about 10 minutes. Then, carefully turn the valve to “Venting” to release any remaining pressure. Once the pressure has fully released, open the Instant Pot lid, and your Instant Pot Chicken Thighs are ready to be served.
- Serve and enjoy: Remove the chicken thighs from the Instant Pot and serve them hot. They are delicious on their own or can be paired with your favorite side dishes like rice, roasted vegetables, or a fresh salad.
Instant Pot Chicken Thighs are a versatile and flavorful dish that’s perfect for a quick weeknight dinner. The pressure cooking method ensures that the chicken thighs are tender and infused with aromatic seasonings. Enjoy!
Instant Pot Chicken Thighs calories count
The calorie count for Instant Pot Chicken Thighs can vary depending on the size and specific ingredients used in the recipe. Below is a rough estimate of the calorie count for Instant Pot Chicken Thighs per serving, assuming bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs and using the basic recipe described earlier:
- Bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (4-6 ounces each): ~180-250 calories per thigh
- Olive oil (1 tablespoon): ~120 calories
- Garlic powder (1 teaspoon): ~5 calories
- Onion powder (1 teaspoon): ~5 calories
- Paprika (1 teaspoon): ~6 calories
- Dried thyme (1/2 teaspoon): ~2 calories
- Dried rosemary (1/2 teaspoon): ~2 calories
- Dried oregano (1/2 teaspoon): ~2 calories
- Salt and pepper: Negligible calories
- Chicken broth or water (1 cup): Negligible calories
Total approximate calorie count for Instant Pot Chicken Thighs (per serving): ~320-390 calories
Keep in mind that these are rough estimates, and the actual calorie count can vary based on the specific brands and ingredients used. Additionally, the calorie count may change if you adjust the portion sizes or use different types of seasonings or liquids in the Instant Pot.
If you want a more accurate calorie count for your specific recipe, it’s best to weigh the ingredients before cooking and use a reliable nutrition calculator to determine the exact calorie count based on the specific ingredients and quantities used in your Instant Pot Chicken Thighs recipe.