Chicken Tinola with noodles is a delicious and hearty Filipino soup dish that combines the flavors of chicken, ginger, garlic, onion, and vegetables. Here is a recipe to make it:
- 1 pound chicken thighs, bone-in, and skin-on
- 6 cups water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 cup green papaya or chayote, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup malunggay or spinach leaves
- 1 pack of sotanghon (mung bean noodles)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and ginger and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the chicken and cook until it is browned on all sides.
- Pour in the water and fish sauce. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and let it cool enough to handle. Remove the skin and bones, and shred the meat into bite-sized pieces.
- Return the chicken meat to the pot, and add the papaya or chayote. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the sotanghon noodles to the pot and simmer for another 5 minutes, or until the noodles are cooked.
- Stir in the malunggay or spinach leaves and let it cook for another minute.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot and enjoy your delicious Chicken Tinola with noodles!
Calories Count in Chicken Tinola with noodles
The calorie count for Chicken Tinola with noodles will depend on the specific recipe and portion size. However, as a general guideline, a serving of Chicken Tinola with noodles (around 1 cup) is estimated to contain approximately 250-300 calories. Keep in mind that this can vary depending on the type and amount of ingredients used, so it’s always a good idea to check the nutrition information for the specific recipe you are using.