Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup is a delicious and comforting soup that is easy to make and perfect for a cold day. Here’s a simple recipe to make it:
- 1 chicken breast, chopped into small pieces
- 1 can of sweetcorn (about 400g)
- 4 cups of chicken stock
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped green onions (optional)
- In a pot, heat up the sesame oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the chicken and cook until browned.
- Pour in the chicken stock and the can of sweetcorn (including the liquid) and bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and soy sauce together until the cornstarch is dissolved. Add this mixture to the pot and stir until the soup thickens.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and then slowly pour them into the soup, stirring constantly to create egg ribbons.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste. If desired, top with chopped green onions before serving.
Enjoy your delicious Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup!
Types of equipment Need
To make Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup, you will need the following equipment:
- A large pot
- A chopping board
- A sharp knife
- A can opener
- A spoon or ladle for stirring and serving
- A small bowl for mixing the cornstarch and soy sauce
Optional equipment that may be helpful:
- A garlic press for mincing garlic
- A whisk for beating the eggs
- Measuring cups and spoons for precise measurements
Make sure all equipment is clean and dry before use.
Is this a healthy meal?
Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup can be a healthy option if prepared with the right ingredients and in appropriate serving sizes.
Chicken is a good source of protein, and sweetcorn is a good source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Additionally, the soup typically contains vegetables such as onions and garlic, which provide antioxidants and other nutrients.
However, the healthiness of the soup depends on the recipe and the specific ingredients used. For example, if the soup is prepared with high amounts of sodium or unhealthy fats, it may not be as healthy. Additionally, if the soup contains added sugars or other unhealthy ingredients, it may not be the best option for a healthy diet.
To make the soup healthier, you can use low-sodium chicken stock, add more vegetables such as carrots or celery, and reduce the amount of added fats and sugars. Additionally, sticking to appropriate serving sizes can help to ensure that the soup does not contain excessive calories.
Overall, Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup can be a healthy option if prepared with wholesome ingredients and in moderation.
Calories Count in Chicken and Sweetcorn soup
The number of calories in Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup can vary depending on the specific recipe and serving size. However, a typical serving of 1 cup (240 ml) of Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup contains around 150-200 calories.
The calories can vary depending on the ingredients used, such as the amount of chicken, sweetcorn, and the type of chicken stock. Additionally, if you add any extra toppings or serve the soup with bread, it will add to the overall calorie count.
If you are looking to reduce the calorie count, you can use low-sodium chicken stock and reduce the amount of chicken and corn used in the recipe. You can also consider using skimmed or low-fat milk instead of cream or whole milk, which can help to reduce the overall calorie count of the soup.